Sunday 27 May 2007

Screw H1s!!!

Ahhh, I was stuck at home for the whole of today. At home, I mostly crash in my room and chill at my com. So I did and here I am writing a new post for my blog since I’m so friggin bored.

16 days have passed since my previous post. H1 Mid-year exams have just finished and yeah, I’m screwed hahaha.

GP was okay… not! For the essay, I picked the topic on advertisement since it sounded kinda easy. The question was: “Advertisements are manipulative and misleading. Discuss”. I think I wrote wayyyy out of point hahaha.

I argued that advertisements take advantage of our primeval desires and wants passed down to us millions of years ago. Hence we are attracted to sex and food. Hence advertisements indulge us with an excess of women and scrumptious cuisine. Ergo, advertisements are manipulative. Now that I’ve recalled what I wrote and summarized it….yes, it’s rubbish hahaha.

My 2nd point was the classic and forever-cliché misleading argument. I said that the advertisements for the Adam Khoo courses were totally faked since the statistics were flawed in the sense that only the people who really felt changed by his psychotic camp would bother taking the online survey (I faked this). Hence, not really 100% of the participants would benefit as the statistics in the advertisements claimed. (again I faked this lol). Personally I felt that it was a waste of time and oo-er, it cost a bomb too ~ a sweet $1400 and obviously I didn’t gain anything from the cost given my slacker self now hahaha.

Hah, I used slimming ads as my 2nd example and since I had barely enough time left, I wrote something like; The case of slimming advertisements are so mind-numbingly cliché that I won’t go into it since it speaks for itself. Hahahaha, I can just imagine the response of the marker, O_O

“What sheer audacity! This is blatant contempt for the General Paper. Impertinent child.” And I fail the paper. How sad.

Bah, I really didn’t have enough time to finish my conclusion. I was still writing when that batty caucasian man – Fahi asked us to stop. My last 3 sentences were incoherent, grammatically incorrect and my handwriting was horribly mangled. All in all, I think that my essay is a gone case. Boo.

The comprehension passage later was a load of BULLCRAP. Whoever the writer was, something Lewis I think, is a total nutcase and a retard. The passage from the start to the end is a complete fallacy as I had a good time explaining in my AQ (albeit in a nice way). Most of the questions were okayyyyy, I seem to recall myself getting slaughtered in vocab and summary. Oh… My… God… what the hell was there to write for the summary? I summarized the passage in like 25 words. It goes like this:

The responses to mistakes that we make allow of further progression of human society.

Bravo, bravo, I recall I only filled up like the bottom 1/3 of the page for the summary haha. Man…my GP is so damn screwed… but I won’t claim responsibility… I shall blame Rani!!!

As a matter of fact, this is only the 2nd comprehension paper that we’ve done. The first was the CA paper and we didn’t even go through that properly, she only went through the summary and vocab questions. She only panicked 2 weeks before our GP exam, she made us do tons of work and stuff with nothing really entering our heads apart from thoughts like “dumbass black bitch… grrr… & u oughta die u incompetent fat whore”. Before that, GP was pretty much a free period, all we did was to drift off to dreamland while she droned on in that monotone (albeit a high pitched one haha), reading from worksheets and powerpoint slides and punctuating ever so often with “umm, kay? & understand?” Silence always follows these questions.

God, I’ve droned on and on about GP, it’s an essay all by itself. Hahaha

The Geography paper the next day was definitely worse, I was thoroughly raped by it lol lol. I could barely bring myself to put myself to the mental torture of studying it beforehand. Geography kind of drains my brain of all its fluids until it’s nothing but a crumbly, desiccated mass. Then I fall asleep regardless of my surroundings. Nothing works, coffee, red bull, even standing can’t keep me awake. In the end, I only managed to study volcanoes and earthquakes, 2 out of like 10 topics for the mid-year.

Anyway, I don’t think it would matter if I came for the exam or not, I’m gonna fail it so bad, so very very bad. My 8m essay was like… 3lines? Also for one of the DRQ questions in which I had to describe the weathering processes and they showed me some kinda hill with thin black blobs streaming forth, I wrote that it must be a spring emanating from the hills which cut out channels. Whahaha, that’s total bullcrap, I’ve never seen the word spring or anything like I wrote in the notes. The only thing I really knew was… slope stability, the shear stress/strength and ratio. That’s like… ½ page out of the enormous stack of notes (100+ pages). Weeeee, just gonna die.

Why are my H1 subjects so screwed???!! They’re supposed to be easy!! They’re called H1 for a reason you know. Well, I resolve to study for my math/physics/econs exams and I will ace them!!!! Muahahaha.

No comments: